Trading with Xtrade
Trading with Xtrade, one of the world's top CFD forex brokers, is straightforward and contains no hidden fees.
Buy and Sell prices of all the instruments available are helpfully displayed on the main content page of the Xtrade online trading platform. When entering an order to Buy, our powerful trading platform enables you to add a Stop Loss or Profit Limit to protect your risk exposure.
You signed up and deposited $17,000 via credit card.
- Equity: $17,000. (Deposits - Withdraws + P&L of opened positions).
- P&L = $0. (Total profit and loss of all open positions including daily Premiums).
- Available Balance: $17,000. (Balance + P&L of open positions - Initial Margins).
You decide that Apple shares are likely to fall soon and go ‘Short' (sell) on Apple. 7:17pm - you click ‘Sell' beside the ‘Apple' stock in the main trading lobby page; the sell price is $100.
Your criteria are:
- Number of Shares (CFDs): 2,000.
- Close at profit rate: $90 (profit will be 2,000*$10 = $20,000).
- Close at loss rate: $105 (loss will be 2,000*$5 = $10,000).
- The total amount you sold short are: 2,000*$100 = $200,000.
- The Initial Margin that is needed for the Apple shares is 5%: $10,000.
- The Maintenance Margin that is needed to maintain Apple's position is 2.5%: $5,000.
Your position is now:
- P&L = 0 (usually the spread of Apple is 1 dollar so you would have a P&L of -$2,000).
- Available Balance after you sold Apple is: $7,000 ($17,000 - 5%*$200,000 = $7,000).
- 'Equity': $17,000 ($17,000 + $0).
8:03pm - Apple climbs to $103.
- P&L: -$6,000 (2,000*$100 - 2,000*$103).
- Available Balance: $1,000 ($17,000 - 5%*$200,000 - $6,000 = $1,000).
- Equity: $11,000 ($17,000 - $6,000).
You decide to cut your losses and buy Apple.
8:03pm - your market buy executes at $103. You lost $6,000 on the trade.
- Equity: $11,000.
- P&L: 0 (no open positions).
- Available Balance: $11,000.